Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  ReplyAdd Poll Send Topic
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Bad Ban of gurdian accees proxy (Read 4651 times)

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Rucola
Bug Finder

Mood: Adventurous
Zodiac sign: Taurus
Bad Ban of gurdian accees proxy
Dec 19th, 2017 at 11:57pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  

ban this ban on calling from the props from the guardian of all, except for those who are listed on the white list as a whit even who should not be (the offender then and so it is necessary) -and ordinary visitors that banet automatically, can not be repaired?

IP Logged

Bug Finder

Re: Bad Ban of gurdian accees proxy
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:01am
Mark & QuoteQuote  

I put your whitelist address and the address of the admins and the captain of one for checking-the white list is working, but the guest from Nine Novgorod-Vera script banned along with the offender with the proxy working is the problem, the fact is I saw the site on which the ban call with the proxy implemented on the hurray-there from its place the call is normal and with the proxy writes-ay-ay-ay say it's not good you with the proxy climb the pier

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dandello
Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Mood: Annoyed
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 1:42am
Mark & QuoteQuote  
The white-list is only to allow specified proxy servers through IF YOU HAVE THE 'Deny access through proxy servers?' TURNED ON.

Guardian bans go into the .htaccess file and that is read before YaBB is even called. So if a white-listed proxy IP gets banned for a violation, that ban over-rides the white-list.

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 2:23am
Mark & QuoteQuote  
the whole point is that the proxy ban does not work as it should with the proxy, it banishes all the aipi immediately. Accepting even the usual for the proxy, and the access disappears altogether. if you do not insert your range into the whitelist, it's impossible at all to give a real proxy to the forum -a dolen to prohibit only the proxy-this system is faulty-and the question there like AIDI (login) can be parsed with an ip-insert-so that's how it divides by adi participants who are allowed to enter if banning all in a row-yesterday this system hzabanila normal guest from the lower Novgorod , together with a proxy on ushitelya which climbs to the forum, I govovoryu-whether it is possible to fix this setting buzopasnosti? -I say saw the site where it worked fine

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 4:05am
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Turning on the deny proxies blocks all proxies except for the specific IP or identifier you have in the white list. And even then, if someone using that proxy gets themselves blocked or banned, then that IP is blocked or banned.

If you want proxies to have access to your forum, then turn OFF the deny proxies. But if that proxy gets blocked due to another process, it's blocked, period, because the server reads the blocked list before it even loads YaBB. Which also means anyone else using that proxy is also blocked.

This is not a bug or an error.  This is how the system works. White-listed proxies are NOT protected from being added to the blocked IP list.

Any Mods to change this behavior in Guardian will have to wait until after the Chrstmas holiday.

Edited:
And if you have both 'Deny Proxies' checked and 'Auto add abusing IP addresses to .htaccess?' checked in the proxies section of Guardian, then all non-white-listed proxies will be automatically added to the blocked IP list.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:31pm by Dandello » 
Reason: More 

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 4:47am
Mark & QuoteQuote  
so my alobi does not block the proxy blocking it-it also blocks the addresses of ordinary home computers in addition to the proxy, the system does not distinguish ordinary providers from proxy servers and blocks all

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #6 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:48pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Then TURN OFF DENY PROXIES and remove those IPs from the blocked IP list in Guardian.

Deny Proxies looks for certain codes that Proxy servers tend to use when sending out identifying information. However, it is possible that some Internet Service Providers also use those codes and so will be mis-identified as a proxy.

so TURN IT OFF.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 2:07pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Dandello wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:48pm:
Then TURN OFF DENY PROXIES and remove those IPs from the blocked IP list in Guardian.

Deny Proxies looks for certain codes that Proxy servers tend to use when sending out identifying information. However, it is possible that some Internet Service Providers also use those codes and so will be mis-identified as a proxy.

so TURN IT OFF.

Yes, not a few but all the bans I say, do not distinguish between simple home computers and a proxy-check out the test on your test forum if you do not believe it, and I do not understand at all how to put a white list on which the access is allowed, banit there until the user's identity does not come

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #8 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 3:02pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
I have no idea WHY Guardian is reporting false positives on IP addresses that are not (supposedly) being passed through an 'official' proxy server. I can GUESS that the IPs in question are, in fact, being passed through their ISP in a way that makes them look like they are coming through a proxy server.

Now, once you have removed the mistaken banned IP addresses from the htaccess file, you can, in theory, white-list user names.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 3:23pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
so the point is to add user names (logins) to the whitelist -if they are banned by this security setting-I do not understand how the customization works-erased the erroneous of guardians-and wrote it in the white list-how this setting will understand who to ban Who does not? -They come by an ip

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #10 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 4:56pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
That section of code also checks against user names to determine if they have been whitelisted and are therefore allowed to access the forum via proxy.

White-listing does not protect them from being blocked by IP because they did something else.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 11:33pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
you do not understand it is dolen to block a proxy and he keeps everything except the whitelist blocks-for example, they want new people to register and they can not write, you can not go in with a proxy, you can lose a contingent

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #12 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 11:55pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Then go into Guardian and TURN OFF DENY PROXIES.

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #13 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 2:10pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
You can’t have both Deny from Proxies and allow Proxies access. So either Deny Proxies has to be off OR Deny Proxies is on BUT  ‘Auto add abusing IP addresses to .htaccess?’ is unchecked in the Proxy Blocking Section so offenders are not automatically added to the .htaccess file and kept out of the forum altogether.

If you choose the later route, you will probably want to add the administrator’s email address to  'proxy_reason'         => q~Proxy Access to this forum is denied.~, in Error.lng so the potential new member can contact the administrator and asked to be let in.

This issue does suggest a Mod to automatically white-list members – but don’t expect it for a while.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 4:01pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Well, you deny it, no module, it's the basis for guards protection. I'm just saying I saw this proxy protection and it worked properly. The woods went through the forest and ordinary home computers came to the forum, I just do not remember the addresses, but everything worked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
ReplyAdd Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google LinkedIn reddit Twitter Yahoo
Bad Ban of gurdian accees proxy

Please type the characters exactly as they appear in the image,
without the first 2 and last 2 characters.
The characters must be typed in the same order,
and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Off Topic Comment Insert Spoiler
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 5000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: %
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry