Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) BUGS!!! (Read 17649 times)

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Monni
Language

Min izāmō

Mood: Frustrated
Zodiac sign: Pisces
Re: BUGS!!!
Reply #30 - May 9th, 2016 at 6:37pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Found another glitch... Attachment download count is empty string instead of "0"

needs: $attach_count{$_} ||= 0;

in Display.pm and Printpage.pm

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dandello
Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Mood: Annoyed
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Reply #31 - May 11th, 2016 at 2:47pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
I am in the process of going through 2.6.12. in ActivePerl 2.22.1 with the -w set in YaBB.pl

I've found some missing  Language items, more than 1 bad logical operator, a lot of items than actually need to be initialized to 0, at least 2 places where there's no check or fall back if a file doesn't exist. (And forcing the 'ignore uninitialized variables' is a given.)

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
IP Logged

Language

Min izāmō

Reply #32 - May 11th, 2016 at 6:27pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Dandello wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 2:47pm:
I am in the process of going through 2.6.12. in ActivePerl 2.22.1 with the -w set in YaBB.pl

I've found some missing  Language items, more than 1 bad logical operator, a lot of items than actually need to be initialized to 0, at least 2 places where there's no check or fall back if a file doesn't exist. (And forcing the 'ignore uninitialized variables' is a given.)

Just checking for that file does exist is not enough when file can be zero length... I noticed that when fixing the Help Centre... A lot of the croaks I got when Perl wanted to enable warnings also caused truncation of various files, which wasn't so easy to recover from or fix as the Admin Centre still doesn't work even if I have made sure warnings are disabled everywhere. Whatever I try to do in Admin Centre, I get CGI timeout.

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #33 - May 11th, 2016 at 6:41pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Monni wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 6:27pm:
Just checking for that file does exist is not enough when file can be zero length

Yeah, but the file not being there is guaranteed to throw a 'readline() on closed file handle' error. I figure the file being empty is a slightly different issue.

It's just going to take some time to wade through all these.

Edited:
YaBB's Admin Center used to get CGI-timeouts and other errors due to a problem with the Checkspace code section. You might want to check Settings.pm and make sure that's turned off and access to it is also turned off. ($checkspace and anything related to Checkspace.pm. )

IP Logged

Language

Min izāmō

Reply #34 - May 11th, 2016 at 7:19pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Dandello wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 6:41pm:
Edited:
YaBB's Admin Center used to get CGI-timeouts and other errors due to a problem with the Checkspace code section. You might want to check Settings.pm and make sure that's turned off and access to it is also turned off. ($checkspace and anything related to Checkspace.pm. )

$checkspace is set to 0

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #35 - May 11th, 2016 at 8:35pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Monni wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 7:19pm:
$checkspace is set to 0

So it's NOT the old suspect. Does the main page in the AdminCenter load? If it's hanging there, my bet would be the ModuleChecker.

IP Logged

Language

Min izāmō

Reply #36 - May 12th, 2016 at 6:57am
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Dandello wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 8:35pm:
Monni wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 7:19pm:
$checkspace is set to 0

So it's NOT the old suspect. Does the main page in the AdminCenter load? If it's hanging there, my bet would be the ModuleChecker.

Main page does load but maintenance tasks time out even though there is 20 second limit for longer tasks.

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #37 - May 12th, 2016 at 2:49pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
The maintenance tasks can be pretty memory and CPU intensive. Wild guess -> If there's a hidden read/write/permissions/ownership issue it's possible YaBB might not throw a proper error and just keep trying to finish its task - or if it runs out of memory and can't load the multiple hashes it needs.

I suspect there's still a server misconfiguration. You might also try adding 'no warnings qw(uninitialized once redefine);' to all the files in the Admin folder and to AdminIndex.pl. (I have a Perl syntax checker that warns of uninitialized variables even when warnings are turned off, so that could be part of the problem.)

BTW - so far I have found that MoveSplitSplice doesn't work properly when warnings are on even when it doesn't throw any warnings on the code. (If I add  'no warnings qw(uninitialized once);' to the file, it behaves. Go figure.)

IP Logged

Language

Min izāmō

Reply #38 - May 12th, 2016 at 6:52pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Dandello wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 2:49pm:
The maintenance tasks can be pretty memory and CPU intensive. Wild guess -> If there's a hidden read/write/permissions/ownership issue it's possible YaBB might not throw a proper error and just keep trying to finish its task - or if it runs out of memory and can't load the multiple hashes it needs.

I suspect there's still a server misconfiguration. You might also try adding 'no warnings qw(uninitialized once redefine);' to all the files in the Admin folder and to AdminIndex.pl. (I have a Perl syntax checker that warns of uninitialized variables even when warnings are turned off, so that could be part of the problem.)

BTW - so far I have found that MoveSplitSplice doesn't work properly when warnings are on even when it doesn't throw any warnings on the code. (If I add  'no warnings qw(uninitialized once);' to the file, it behaves. Go figure.)

Dropping max_process_time to 7 seconds seems to fix the CGI timeout...

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #39 - May 12th, 2016 at 7:26pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Monni wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 6:52pm:

That qualifies as a seriously counter-intuitive WTF. (But I had a similar WTF with tiny YaBBs and the Advanced Backup.)

IP Logged

Language

Min izāmō

Reply #40 - May 13th, 2016 at 7:30am
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Dandello wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 7:26pm:
Monni wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 6:52pm:

That qualifies as a seriously counter-intuitive WTF. (But I had a similar WTF with tiny YaBBs and the Advanced Backup.)

Maybe the server admin f*cked up the FastCGI configuration too... lol... now last remaining issue is to make the integrated backup work... maybe just needs fork or something...

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #41 - May 13th, 2016 at 1:17pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Backup uses the same max_process setting as maintenance. I also know that JonB has had probems with earlier YaBB versions getting the integrated backup to behave.

IP Logged

Language

Min izāmō

Reply #42 - May 13th, 2016 at 2:11pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Dandello wrote on May 13th, 2016 at 1:17pm:
Backup uses the same max_process setting as maintenance. I also know that JonB has had probems with earlier YaBB versions getting the integrated backup to behave.

max_process_time has no effect when backing up forum as large directories count as one batch and can take more than 7 seconds easily.

IP Logged

Language

Min izāmō

Reply #43 - May 13th, 2016 at 2:52pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Quote:
IO error: reading data : at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Archive/Zip/NewFileMe
mber.pm line 60. Archive::Zip::NewFileMember::_readRawChunk(Archive::Zip::NewFileMember=HASH(0x45
20240), SCALAR(0x53352f0), 168) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Archive/Zip/Member.pm
line 832 Archive::Zip::Member::readChunk(Archive::Zip::NewFileMember=HASH(0x4520240), 32768) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Archive/Zip/Member.pm
line 1094 Archive::Zip::Member::_writeData(Archive::Zip::NewFileMember=HASH(0x4520240), IO::File=GLOB(0x451ea10)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Archive/Zip/Member.pm
line 1062 Archive::Zip::Member::_writeToFileHandle(Archive::Zip::NewFileMember=HASH(0x4520
240), IO::File=GLOB(0x451ea10), 1, 16772653) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Archive/Zip/Archive.p
m line 420 Archive::Zip::Archive::writeToFileHandle(Archive::Zip::Archive=HASH(0x19bcf18), IO::File=GLOB(0x451ea10)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Archive/Zip/Archive.p
m line 456 Archive::Zip::Archive:ShockedverwriteAs(Archive::Zip::Archive=HASH(0x19bcf18), "/home/sg120/public_html/cgi-bin/yabb2/Backups/backup.14631509"...) called at ./Admin/Backup.pm line 973 main::BackupMethodFinalize("bo_mem_mes_var_upld", 1) called at ./Admin/Backup.pm line 761 main::runbackup called at AdminIndex.pl line 131 main::yymain() called at AdminIndex.pl line 89 eval {...} called at AdminIndex.pl line 89

IP Logged

Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Reply #44 - May 13th, 2016 at 3:19pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Monni wrote on May 13th, 2016 at 2:52pm:
mber.pm line 60
Huh?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google LinkedIn reddit Twitter Yahoo
BUGS!!!

Please type the characters exactly as they appear in the image,
without the first 2 and last 2 characters.
The characters must be typed in the same order,
and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Off Topic Comment Insert Spoiler
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 5000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: %
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry