Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic
Global Announcement Upgrades (Read 17575 times)

Dandello
Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Mood: Annoyed
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Upgrades
Nov 29th, 2017 at 2:38pm

Later today or tomorrow we will be upgrading this fourm to the newest version (not yet in the SVN) 2.7. This version takes care of more deeply nested if/else statements and repeated code blocks.

Once this is done, we will be reviewing the Mods once again.

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Re: Upgrades
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:19pm

Upgrades are still in progress as a live forum (read - under attack by hacker wannabes) throws different errors than one safely tucked away on a test server behind a firewall.

General Note: if you get an error on a function DO NOT KEEP TRYING THAT FUNCTION. Repeatedly repeating a failed action and expecting a different result within a few seconds of the previous failure is a sign of insanity. It also triggers autobanning by IP on the server level.

General Note 2: Please do not fill my PM box with reports on the SAME ERROR. Believe it or not, unless the error is so bad that it shuts down YaBB altogether, errors are logged in the error log - which is how I know people keep trying the same failed function repeatedly and are getting autobanned.  Angry

IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Re: Upgrades
Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 2:39pm

We are in the process of bringing all the source files back to where they were before the excessive CPU usage/DOS attack began. Each file has to be checked and there will be old errors showing up as melding two different YABB revisions can be difficult while we hunt down the section of code that was misbehaving but not throwing errors or otherwise vulnerable.

Again - if you come across an error DO NOT KEEP TRYING THAT PAGE OR SECTION - YOU CAN END UP AUTO-BANNED.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google LinkedIn reddit Twitter Yahoo