Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ReplyAdd Poll Send Topic
Normal Topic Chat Rooms Mod (Read 3902 times)

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xnoddyx
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB!

Zodiac sign: Scorpio
Chat Rooms Mod
Oct 2nd, 2014 at 5:02am
Mark & QuoteQuote  
as  Carsten's is not really working on YaBB mods any more I think we need a new chat room mod and I was thinking maybe it can be more than just a mod but be part standalone where you can have it load on the forum or from its self and only plug into the reg and users online if on the forum but have its own users online if part standalone pluged into the reg system
so you can have it run from http://myurl.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl but also have it run from http://myurl.com/cgi-bin/Chat/Chat.pl

what do you think?

as bill and ted say be excellent to each other
(More to come)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dandello
Forum Administrator
YaBB Modder

I love YaBB 2.7!

Mood: Annoyed
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Re: Chat Rooms Mod
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 2:49pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Any work on that is going to be quite a ways out.

But I did get Shoutbox working. http://yabbforumsoftware.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1412261534/0#

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box XTC
Global Moderator

YaBB 2.6.0/1/11 Mods

Mood: Freaky
Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 5:48pm
Mark & QuoteQuote  
Hello

Waht is with my IRC Chat? I have mad this for YaBB 2.1 .... and JetLi have it support for next vrsions.

.... don't know if this is an Option!?

Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Mod: ChatIRC 1.0 Beta1 for YaBB 2.1 by:
Tribelnig Christian [XTC] - http://www.yabbserver.com

Grafics:
JetLi - http://www.grafix-world.nl

Copyright (c) 2006 Xonder.web.ag                               
All Rights Reserved.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Inspired by the "IRC Mod" from 'Shoeb Omar' ... i have generate a completely new "ChatIRC Mod" Wink
For this Mod i use a modified "PJIRC" (www.pjirc.com) Java-based Webchat Client Software (Free and open source).

=====================
Feature-list:
=====================

## Chat ##
  • Smilies
  • Private chatrooms
  • Simply external control via javascript (dropdown-menue)
  • Auto-login
  • Multilingual support
  • Away/Back message field
  • Chat-User-Online in Info Center (BoardIndex)
  • Chat-User-Online on external Homepage (Javascript, IFrame or SSI)

## Profile ##
  • Alternative nickname field
  • Nick password field (auto-identify)

## Chat Administration ##
  • The name of the chatroom (Channel)
  • Brief description/channelinfo of the chatroom
  • IRC-Host setting (your own or form included IRC Net server list)
  • IRC-Port setting
  • Language support
  • Chat opens in a new window (popup or yymain)
  • Enable guests in IRC Chat
  • Use standard applet style (blue) or your own applet style-setting
  • Info-Code for 'Chat-User-Online' on external Homepage (Javascript, IFrame or SSI)
  • and more ...

• lg XTC

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dandello
    Forum Administrator

I love YaBB 2.7!

Mood: Annoyed
    Zodiac sign: Virgo
    Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 6:37pm
    Mark & QuoteQuote  
    I'll look at chatCE (I have a copy of that.)

Perfection is not possible. Excellence, however, is excellent.
    IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xnoddyx
    Global Moderator

I Love YaBB!

Zodiac sign: Scorpio
    Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2014 at 3:29am
    Mark & QuoteQuote  
    Quote:
    Any work on that is going to be quite a ways out.
    that is cool this one is not for the YaBB admins and users this is one i am personally asking for.
    my why my wee brother is wanting a chat room
    so set him one up and have been making some edits and adding to it this is what I have just now http:// home. cyberwebs- wd .co. uk/ chat2/ and works as he is wanting it to but still have some stuff to do for it but then I got to thinking what if it picks up and users need more help and so on then I thort about chatCE for yabb and yabb will also expand the user experiences say for the ones that don't feel comfortable in live chat then they will have the forum to fall back on then i got to thinking long term chatCE is ok but can only be from inside yabb and also it is just a basic chat rooms that are linked to boards and Topics with no way to make a room or rooms that don't have boards and Topics and no way to kick a user from a room without it affecting the forum.

Quote:
    But I did get Shoutbox working.
    i know many people will be happy with that  Smiley

Quote:
    Waht is with my IRC Chat?

i did consider IRC but quickly ruled that out thinking about the people that will be using it i don't think command based chat system will be easy enough for them to use as they will have Autism and my wee bro has Aspergers he is fine with command based chat like IRC the chat rooms he mods on just now are some what command based but he sees some users struggling to use them and what made him ask me then i started thinking ahead and what if's and or i hate when that happens as my mind explodes off in a thousand different places at ones  :Smiley so thought i'd ask what can be be made with the added bones of a better chat room for yabb  Wink.

as bill and ted say be excellent to each other
    (More to come)
    IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Batchman

I Love YaBB!

Mood: Depressed
    Zodiac sign: Libra
    Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2015 at 5:47am
    Mark & QuoteQuote  
    Personally, I have used all three chat systems that have been around for YaBB, including IronWing's early one back in gold. There are still a couple of things from that system that I miss.

I would be happy with any of the three making a reappearance.

I would also like to make a request for a couple of features to be considered for whichever version might make a return again.

Three features I would like to see:

1) A way to capture the chat into a text file, if the admin wants. (I'm pretty sure this was in IronWing's chat mod.) ie, the admin can click a button in the chat, and from that moment on, every line of text someone sends is written to a text file, as well as displayed on screen, and that text file continues until the admin shuts it off again, so a scheduled chat can be 'recorded' and posted for download for those who weren't around.

2) Live chat games ... I no longer expect anything to come of this, but on the off chance somebody will say "That sounds very cool," and also thinks they know of a way to do it, I'll keep mentioning it once every few years.

The first game I would suggest is a live, competitive version of Hangman. The players take turns guessing letters, earning points, and each player solves the puzzle (submitted privately) whenever they can, scoring more points.

Second would be a trivia game, much like the trivia mod, except a live chat competition.

Further games could be developed in time, but I would start with the chat, itself, then add the first game as a sort of mod to a mod, a few months later, then the second game after that, and so on.

3) There was a third suggestion, but it disappeared while I was typing out the first, so nevermind.

Just sharing my thoughts on the chat mods.

I liked IronWing's the best, for it's easy templating, and a couple of the extra cool features.

I liked the IRC chat for some of it's robustness, but as noted, there was also some learning curve to it.

I liked Carsten's for it's self-contained-ness, but it was missing some of the features the other two had, which I liked.

Finally, being a little off topic, when was the last time somebody did the games mod?

PS XTC ... since I know there is very little chance of somebody creating my live chat games ideas, I'd love to see the return of the IRC chat mod, simply because it has people who make chat robots who can run games of the sort, if you have a host that will allow them.

If you don't know where you are, but you don't care, you're not lost ... you're exploring!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
    ReplyAdd Poll Send Topic
    Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google LinkedIn reddit Twitter Yahoo
    Chat Rooms Mod

Please type the characters exactly as they appear in the image,
    without the first 2 and last 2 characters.
    The characters must be typed in the same order,
    and they are case-sensitive.
    Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
    Off Topic Comment Insert Spoiler
    Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
    Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
    Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
    resize_wb
    resize_hb

Max 5000 characters. Remaining characters:
    Text size: %
    More Smilies
    View All Smilies
    Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry